Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Job Interview

The interview wasn't really what I expected. I expected to be grilled with the usual questions that interviewers ask, such as "Why do you want to work here?", "What are your strengths and weaknesses?", etc. Though it wasn't like that at all.

He just explained the type of things that I would have to do. It's a contract job, so he explained that I would have to fill out my own time sheets, e.g. documenting my hours and what I did during those hours. I'll be helping out a bank employee, to take the load off of their work. I'll be doing a lot of spread sheets and things. Keeping that bank employee (my boss basically) is #1 priority. Keep that person happy and they'll feed me work which will give me more hours. Once in awhile, the interviewer said he'll have I.T. jobs for me to do down in his area, but still my #1 priority is the work the bank employee gives me, which must be completed first. I.T. stuff is way more fun for me than doing spread sheets, but priorities are priorities.

After the interview he told me to call another person to discuss my salary. I called this person and he said he'd have to discuss things with the interviewer first. So I'm waiting there. Meanwhile the interviewer and I will have a meeting with the person I'll be helping out at the bank and that person's boss. We're aiming for this Tuesday. So things are heading into the right direction, except for the losing session today @ 5NL. Lost 1.5 buy-ins, but it's not the end of the world. I didn't even feel tilted at all. I have my focus on another type of game right now ;)






No comments: