Tuesday, January 19, 2010

First Major Shot at Full Ring 10NL

Well I decided to take a shot at Full Ring 10NL today (played 1300 hands), with about $227 in my bankroll. I won about 2 buy-ins playing 167 hands of 5NL earlier and was feeling confident. I started 4 tabling 10NL. Was pretty much break even, but noticed I was still down about $4. Then I realized that missing $4 was from the rake. Wasn't liking 10NL already. I kept playing and this hand happened:


Caught AKo in LP sitting with 190bbs. Raised and got called by the cut-off with 140bbs. Both of us with healthy stacks. Flop came TdKdAc, top 2-pair here we go. Potential straight and flush draw, no time to play this slow. I didn't put him on a high pocket pair, I would have expected him to raise with JJ+ and AK. Turn was a Qs, anybody holding a Jack would have the nuts thus far. I put out of a little feeler bet of a little less than half the pot. I got called. River was a Kh, filling up my hand with KKKAA. A really great card for me as it filled up Villain's set of Qs for QQQKK. I really thought he had a J for sure. Something like AJ or QdJd. Was really surprised to see he had Queens full. The pot was $3.35 by the river. I was pretty much ready to check/call him on the river if my hand didn't improve. An interesting river card would have been the Jack of Diamonds. I'm most likely going to check/call that river card too. I wouldn't pull anything too crazy in those two last situations.

Then things started to get bad...

One of these @ 1:58PM:


Then this one @ 3:15PM:


This one... @ 3:27PM


Flopped tripps 3:28PM:


Flopped a set of 4s @ 3:39PM (had clicked sit out at next blind):


$218 + 5NL winnings = $227 - 10NL losings - rake = $192

Weeeeeee back to 5NL I go. Surprisingly I wasn't very much tilted. I just had had enough at that time though.

No comments: